Last updated: December 15, 2016. You can view our previous policy here.
SKECHERS USA, Inc. Customer Service
228 Manhattan Beach Blvd.
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
800-746-3411 (Mon-Fri 8:00am to 5:00pm Pacific Time)
How We Collect the Information
There are many ways that SKECHERS obtains information from you:
- Via sign-up on any SKECHERS website
- From information provided by you when making an online or retail purchase
- When you enter a SKECHERS sweepstakes or giveaway
- When you sign up for SKECHERS Elite at a SKECHERS store or SKECHERS outlet
- Upon signing up at a SKECHERS event
The Information We Collect
When you register online to receive our email updates or when you register for the SKECHERS Elite™ program, you will need to provide us with your name, e-mail address, and confirm you are age 13 or older. When you make a purchase through SKECHERS.com, you also will need to give us your email address, shipping address, billing address (if different) and telephone number so we can process your payment and contact you in the event of any problems with delivery. If you contact our customer service department, you may need to provide us with additional information so that we can respond to your questions or concerns as completely and thoroughly as possible.
In order to provide users and subscribers with the most efficient and enhanced service and better understand your preferences, we may request your gender, shopping preference and product interest. Elite members can specify email notification preferences. Whether or not you provide this information is entirely up to you.
SKECHERS may use automatic data collection technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
How We Use the Information
- To present our website and its contents to you.
- To administer contests, promotions, surveys or other site features and to provide you with the relevant products or services (for instance, to deliver a prize you may have won in a contest).
- To send you information via e-mail about products, offers and news we think could interest you. We only send you this if you have opted-in to receive SKECHERS e-mail messages. By providing us your email address through the SKECHERS website (e.g., registering to receive our email updates or registering for the SKECHERS Elite™ program) or by contacting our customer service department and specifically requesting to be added to our e-mail list, you are opting-in to receive SKECHERS e-mail messages.
- To fulfill and deliver all orders placed through our website.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our website or our policies.
- The information obtained from online registration is utilized to improve your shopping experience with SKECHERS by enabling you to earn reward points, obtain a faster checkout for purchases and/or opt-in to receive promotional e-mails, which provide you with the latest and greatest information regarding SKECHERS and its products.
- The telephone and credit card number information we ask for when you order online is used only to complete the order, confirm the order and confirm shipment of the order. This information is then stored only for the purposes of faster checkout (for Elite Members only), and is not used for any other purpose.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
In proceeding with your online order, you agree that both your name and address and those of the delivery name and address (if different) may be checked using third parties such as credit agencies. If you are providing a delivery name and address which is not your own, you must have that person's permission to give us their personal information and for us to use it for the purposes specified. By providing it, you are saying that you have their permission.
From time to time, SKECHERS communicates to customers by e-mail to inform them of changes to SKECHERS.com, special offers that might become available, and other information SKECHERS believes will be of interest to site visitors. SKECHERS will send these types of e-mails to you only if you opt-in to receive SKECHERS e-mail messages (by registering to receive our email updates or registering for the SKECHERS Elite™ program or by contacting our customer service department and specifically requesting to be added to our e-mail list,) and you can easily unsubscribe any time you want by updating your contact preferences on our website or following the instructions contained in the e-mail.
Please note that you cannot opt-out of order e-mails as described below.
SKECHERS also uses your e-mail address to confirm your order and shipment of your order, and respond to any inquiries you make online. Because we have to communicate with you about orders that you choose to place, you cannot opt-out of receiving e-mails related to your orders.
Opt-out / Unsubscribe
You may request to stop receiving electronic communications from SKECHERS anytime. You can choose to cancel e-mails by updating your contact preferences on our website.
Alternatively, if you would like to have your name and contact information removed from receiving communications from SKECHERS, please contact us by calling Customer Service at 1-800-746-3411 (Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm PT) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also write to us at:
SKECHERS Customer Service
228 Manhattan Beach Blvd.
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you cannot opt-out of order e-mails as described above.
Children under the age of 13 should always ask their parents or guardians for permission before providing any contact information to anyone online. We urge parents and guardians to participate in their children's online activities and use parental control or other web filtering technology to supervise children's access to the web.
Access to Your Personal Information
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Please do not share your password with anyone. Although we make good faith efforts to store information collected by SKECHERS in a secure operating environment, transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee complete security. Information collected by SKECHERS will be maintained for a length of time appropriate to our needs.