Last updated: May 28, 2015. You can view our previous policy here.
SKECHERS USA, Inc. Customer Service
228 Manhattan Beach Blvd.
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
800-746-3411 (Mon-Fri 8:00am to 5:00pm Pacific Time)
How We Collect the Information
There are many ways that SKECHERS obtains information from you:
- Via sign-up on any SKECHERS website
- From an online or retail purchase
- From navigational information about where visitors go on our website
- When you enter a SKECHERS sweepstakes or giveaway
- When you sign up at a SKECHERS store or SKECHERS outlet
- Upon signing up at a SKECHERS event
- When you register for SKECHERS Elite™ program
The Information We Collect
When you register online to receive our email updates or when you register for the SKECHERS Elite™ program, you will need to provide us with your name, e-mail address, and confirm you are age 13 or older. When you make a purchase through SKECHERS.com, you also will need to give us your billing address, shipping address and telephone number so we can process your payment and contact you in the event of any problems with delivery. If you contact our customer service department, you may need to provide us with additional information so that we can respond to your questions or concerns as completely and thoroughly as possible.
In order to provide users and subscribers with the most efficient and enhanced service and better understand your preferences, we may request your gender, shopping preference and product interest. Whether or not you provide this information is entirely up to you.
We also may collect additional non-personally identifiable information (for example, browser version, IP address) which will concern the general use of our website. The navigational information allows us to see which areas of our website are most visited, and helps us improve the quality of your online experience by recognizing and delivering more of the most desired features and services.
How We Use the Information
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature and to provide you with the relevant products or services (for instance, to deliver a prize you may have won in a contest).
- To send you information via e-mail about products, offers and news we think could interest you. We only send you this if you have opted-in to receive SKECHERS e-mail messages. By providing us your email address through the SKECHERS website (e.g., by registering to receive our email updates, by registering for the SKECHERS Elite™ program, or by making a purchase or by contacting our customer service department) you are opting-in to receive SKECHERS e-mail messages.
- The information obtained from online registration is utilized to improve your shopping experience with SKECHERS by enabling you to obtain a faster checkout for purchases and/or opt-in to receive promotional e-mails, which provide you with the latest and greatest information regarding SKECHERS and its products.
- The telephone and credit card number information we ask for when you order online is used only to complete the order, confirm the order and confirm shipment of the order. This information is then stored only for the purposes of faster checkout, and is not used for any other purpose.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
Although some browsers offer a "do not track" feature in order for you to request that the websites you visit do not track your online activities, the skechers.com website is not currently set up to respond to do not track signals.
Cookies and Web Beacons
- Remember the items in your shopping basket
- Recognize you when you return to our website
- Analyze visitor behavior
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Please note, however, that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our website.
We also work with other companies who use tracking technologies, including web beacons, to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. These companies may collect non-personally identifiable information about your visit to our website about your interaction with our communications, including advertising and e-mails. If you object to web beacons, we recommend that you follow the instructions for deleting existing cookies and disabling future cookies. We will still know how many of our e-mails are opened and we will automatically receive your IP address, a unique identifier for your computer or other access device, but we will not identify you as an individual.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
In proceeding with your online order, you agree that both your name and address and those of the delivery name and address (if different) will be checked using third parties such as credit agencies. If you are providing a delivery name and address which is not your own, you must have that person’s permission to give us their personal information and for us to use it for the purposes specified. By providing it, you are saying that you have their permission.
From time to time, SKECHERS communicates to customers by e-mail to inform them of changes to SKECHERS.com, special offers that might become available, and other information SKECHERS believes will be of interest to site visitors.
SKECHERS will send e-mails to you only if you opt-in to receiving SKECHERS e-mail messages, and you can easily unsubscribe any time you want by updating your contact preferences on our website or following the instructions contained in the e-mail. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you cannot opt-out of Order Emails as described below. By providing us your email address through the SKECHERS website (e.g., by registering to receive our email updates, or by registering for the SKECHERS Elite™ program, or by making a purchase or by contacting our customer service department) you are opting-in to receive SKECHERS e-mail messages.
SKECHERS also uses your e-mail address to confirm your order and shipment of your order, and respond to any inquiries you make online. Because we have to communicate with you about orders that you choose to place, you cannot opt out of receiving e-mails related to your orders (“Order Emails”).
From time to time, SKECHERS communicates to customers by mobile messages to inform them of changes to SKECHERS.com, special offers that might become available, and other information SKECHERS believe will be of interest to site visitors.
SKECHERS will send mobile messages to you only if you opt-into receiving SKECHERS mobile messages. By opting-in to receive SKECHERS mobile messages you are expressly consenting to receiving such mobile messages.
To unsubscribe from SMS, MMS or other mobile messaging, please follow the instructions in the messages you receive or contact SKECHERS as described below.
Children under the age of 13 should always ask their parents or guardians for permission before providing any contact information to anyone online. We urge parents and guardians to participate in their children’s online activities and use parental control or other web filtering technology to supervise children’s access to the web.
Access to Your Personal Information
Although we make good faith efforts to store information collected by SKECHERS in a secure operating environment, we cannot guarantee complete security. Information collected by SKECHERS will be maintained for a length of time appropriate to our needs.
Opt Out / Unsubscribe
You may request to stop receiving electronic communications from SKECHERS anytime. You can choose to cancel e-mails and text messages by updating your contact preferences on our website.
Alternatively, if you would like to have your name and contact information removed from receiving communications from SKECHERS, please contact us by calling Customer Service at 1.800.746.3411 (Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm PT) or by sending an email to email@example.com. You may also write to us at:
SKECHERS Customer Service
228 Manhattan Beach Blvd.
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you cannot opt-out of Order Emails as described above.
Updates to Privacy Information
Please review the site periodically to see any updates to the information provided here. You can view our previous policy here.